Startup Academy Business Development
Need some hands-on support and guidance to get started?
Startup Academy is a step-by-step 8 module program to help amusement business developers research, develop and build an indoor party center, edutainment center or family entertainment center business.
NO NEED FOR TRAVEL - Startup Academy is delivered direct to you, at your convenience via this website, step-by-step materials, video webcasts, on-going telephone consultations, the academy community forums and email support.
If you find yourself asking these questions:
- Where do I start?
- What information do I need?
- Where do I find that information?
- What do I do with it when I find it?
Then Startup Academy is for you.
Startup Academy offers these business tools to help you along the way:
* Comprehensive, industry specific business plan (with industry financial statements based on your project).
* FEC Coaching that focuses on plan completion and funding presentations.
* Industry guidebooks and manuals.
* Employee handbooks, operational forms and manuals.
* Amusement business article library.
* Modular video content allows you to go at your own speed.
* Exclusive academy forums and online community to help you stay motivated.
Not just a great business plan, Startup Academy is a full amusement business course including discussions around operations, management, staffing, marketing and creating great customer experiences. Combining our 16 plus years in the amusement industry, both as an operator and a manufacturer, along with our extensive rolodex of industry professionals, successful owners and creative artisans - Startup Academy is the one place that can help you make it happen.
How the Program Works - 8 Modules to Success
Startup Academy is an ongoing consultation and development program that works with you to get your project started. We bring our materials, our experience and expertise to you through an 8-module academy developer course.
The course is very flexible and organic and designed to fit the new developers personal schedule and your new business timeline. It includes all of the materials mentioned above, the research and development needs for amusement industry data, trends, latest technology, construction, design and facility management. We have packaged all of the FEC Network business planning materials, guidebooks and manuals into a simple step-by-step 8 module video program to offer the best support that allows you to maximize your business plan budget and free time.
After purchasing the program, materials are downloaded direct to your desktop so you can get to work right away. You also receive a login password to access the full Academy program, developers community and other materials online, here at the Fun Center Academy website. After you have had a chance to review the included materials;
* 30 page template business plan (both written document and financial statements)
* 9 pdf guidebooks (119 pages total)
* Full business forms and manuals (114 pages total)
Your business coach sets up an initial telephone consultation to further review the above materials, including your project idea, your local market feasibility and the industry. Typically lasting 60 minutes or so, this is our initial consultation and offers you a chance to ask any questions, and for you and your coach to get on the same page regarding your business goals, the opportunity and a timeline for moving forward within the program.
Due to business demand - the quickest we can offer the complete Startup Academy 8-module program is within 4 weeks. However, you can proceed with the program on whatever schedule works for your own agenda. Get started and then get pulled away? No worries, you have 6 months of unlimited telephone support and access to the Academy library, podcasts, video content and other member courses.
Startup Academy Developer - 8 Modules
This is an 8-module online and telephone consultation program that ends with a completed business plan. We provide you with specific, step-by-step guidance to help you understand the market opportunity and develop your business concept to succeed within that market and your own business goals.
But more than that - the Developer program is designed to cover all aspects of the business, including startup, financing, design, build-out and the operations and marketing of a successful amusement business.
It is a full fun center course providing telephone consultation with follow-up course material on-line, via video modules, email and through the academy website. Each week (or as you are ready) connect with your business coach to review the next step and receive new course resources and specific how-to instruction that keeps you on track and moving your project goals forward.
All telephone consultations are directly related to each module identified below and are focused on helping you get the business plan completed professionally and painlessly, while preparing you for the dialy operations of your new fun center business.
Module One - Initial Consultation
Lets get started! In this first module we want to know about you, your market and your project goals.
1. Initial analysis and review of your ideas and fun center concept.
2. Discussions regarding your plans and what is involved in starting a family entertainment center.
3. How much of a local opportunity is there?
4. Does your fun center concept mesh with your community opportunity and business goals?
Consultation is done via telephone, please set aside up to one hour to complete. If other partners wish to be involved, have them available as well.
Module Two - Market Demographics
Now that we have a better understanding of you and your project goals, we can get to the steps involved in helping you pull together the plan. Step number one is a closer look and analysis of your real market.
1. How many customers are there within a reasonable drive-time that can and will come to your facility?
2. What is a reasonable drive time?
3. What is the revenue potential from these customers?
4. The business model - which market segment will maximize your investment?
5. Amusement industry averages, visits and traffic projections based on your demographics.
6. Natural and psychological barriers that will prohibit guests from attending your facility.
7. What size of facility best suits your demographic opportunity and business model?
Module Three - Target Attractions
With a better understanding of your real market, we can turn our attention to the attraction mix and your project goals.
1. Full review of your activity selection(s) and further discussion of which activities are most appropriate and profitable for your target market segment.
2. What costs are associated with these activities - are there alternate choices?
3. Which activities are a must-have and what are the pros and cons - labor, space requirements, maintenance issues?
4. Lease options, revenue splits and financing.
Module Four - Location, Facility Plan and Layout
Knowing what attractions and activities make sense for your project and the local market leads us to location and faciliity. This module focuses on moving guests into and through your facility with the greatest amount of revenue impact.
1. Facility overview : better to buy or lease your family entertainment center space?
2. How much space will be require and what can you afford?
3. Discussiosn regarding local space opportunities.
4. When and how to secure a professional lease agent.
5. Looking at your attraction mix and facility layout.
6. Space planning concepts to both maximize and minimize your labor costs.
Module Five - Creating the Guest Experience
Between your attraction mix, physical location, facility layout, design and any theme is the guest experience. Creating guest comfort, family fun and a desire to come back again and again is about the guest experience.
1. Facility layout and "flow" to facilitate great guest experiences.
2. Ideas to maximize guest comfort.
3. Creating playful learning environments.
4. Catering to parents.
5. Customer service concepts and the retail experience.
Module Six - Creative Marketing
Now that we have the right attraction mix for your target market, a good sense of location, layout and design and guest experience we can focus on marketing the business to your community.
1. Marketing opportunities before and during startup.
2. Getting the community involved through social media.
3. Group events and membership opportunities.
4. Startegic alliances with other lcoal businesses.
5. Guriella marketing you and your staff should do.
6. Ideas to help you create unique party experiences.
Module Seven - Staffing
At the end of the day, this is where the rubber meets the road. Staffing ties it all together; customer service, facility maintenance and cleanliness, creating a repeat desire and ultimately, the guest experience.
1. The importance of consistent customer service in your fun center.
2. Tips on hiring new staff.
3. Staff training and creating first impressions.
4. Always be recruiting.
5. Empowering staff to be their best.
6. Getting your staff to perform as your marketing army.
7. Firing staff that do not align with your customer service goals.
Module Eight - Business Plan Review and Presentation
Now that your plan is complete, a full review of both the written plan and your financials along with your executive summary, and how best to present the plan to potential funding partners.
1. Your completed business plan is reviewd by your coach.
2. Recommendations on funding opportunities.
3. Fine tuning your executive summary for various investors.
4. Understanding your plan and how to best present it.
Package Price: $499.97
( Save over $450 if materials were purchased individually )
By the end of this program you will have a completed business plan with supporting industry and community data that you can present with confidence to potential funding partners. Just as important, you will have configured your concept and ideas into a workable plan that best meets your family entertainment center goals, your access to capital and your local market opportunity.
Already have some research and initial analysis done? Perfect - with your Fun Center Coach, and the included FEC business plan you can jump into the course at any point. Your business coach is available Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm west coast time. What could be easier or more convenient?
Enroll today and download our Developer Package; Business Plan, Complete eBook Library, Operational Forms, Employee Manuals and enrollment forms, the Coaching and the Academy Members Library. We've already enrolled you in Step One! The next step is up to you - fill out the initial business summary and lets get to work!
Call us direct for a no obligation project consultation at (604)755-7942